A girl takes a photo with her mobile in cairoStudy abroad: a chance to see things from a different point of view. Photography: Peter Andrews/Reuters

Syria, banned. Lebanon, problematic, prohibited. The Egypt remains to be the limit of stability. For those on the subject of trigger in an Arabic speaking country, stories of former students evacuated when civil unrest broke out are disturbing.

Where is there left that is safe to the Middle East for students wishing to go on their year abroad?

Arabic, as Japanese and Chinese Mandarin, is evaluated to a language of five categories, the higher category in terms of difficulty and hours required for an anglophone to the master.

It is well worth the time and discipline, not only for its usefulness in the career fields including political, economic and media, but for its wonderful complexity and cultural richness.

The University student hoping to master Arabic with the residence of one year in the Middle East has chosen a way of life, in addition to a language. While some will be develop in a new and unpredictable environment, others are not prepared to compromise their security.

When my family has expressed doubts about my choice of the Egypt, I started to falter, too. The other two countries that I could choose, Morocco and Tunisia, are relatively stable and beautiful. But I do not have the luxury of looking through the lens of tourist camera. For me, the benefits of Egyptian Arabic outweigh the apprehension I feel about living there.

There is no doubt the risks: a whole year has to pass smoothly enough for me to complete the full course. Following the whirlwind of the Arab spring violence, the Foreign Commonwealth Office advises against all travel to parts of the Egypt and warned against "a high threat of terrorism".

For women, the harassment by males is a matter of concern, as Mona Eltahawy details in an interview.

But the girls are not the only victims of sometimes annoying, sometimes brutal behavior; boys suffer also from all the days of assaults. Go to Egypt is a player, and the stakes are personal.

So many things in life, however, may miss when that des is not cast. Where else could attend an ancient civilization, once again struggled to his feet at the rear of a revolution? The Egypt is perhaps not the obvious choice, but it is an exciting.

I am confident that, if my University approves, Cairo is the place for me. Being young and stupid I say stubbornly that it is my life and this is my risk to take. Truth be told, after all the anguish and indecision, I look forward to go.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top
Blogger Template