It seems that there are not so long that I got a life changing email telling me that I was accepted to the programme of exchange of the University of Canberra. After the rush of adrenaline, I install just type "Canberra" in my computer. I applied with my heart goes to the Australia, but I barely knew something about Canberra! I read that Wikipedia could tell me but these few statistics and images hardly tell the story - the history of the best year of my life.

study abroad in canberraWhat makes this year the best year of my life you are claiming? Well, I could make a list of 100 parts long in about five minutes, and it would be just the beginning. But what was unique to the University of Canberra (or UC, as we call it)? To begin with, it is the program of study abroad and Exchange at UC. After hearing a fellow Cal Poly students who have studied abroad all around the world, I believe that the UC program is first-rate. Thrown into this mysterious and magical land, they started me on the right foot. The first week was a programme filled with travels around the city and topped with a trip to Sydney for all students abroad 50 study from dozens of countries. A week and I already had a lot of friends! But this was only the beginning!

I showed to my apartment of thirteen people in Res immediately met old my twelve housemates, as well and everything 100% pleasure. Living on campus in Res old was the funnest place I've ever lived. In fact, it was so great, it even became the basis for my main project of architecture! There was never a dull moment - weekly events of Res old with more than 100 people, family nights in the common room, there's always something to do.

To decide where to study abroad, I underestimated the importance of the framework. For me, being on a blown full Australian University campus was key rather than a small study abroad campus full of other Americans. Live on campus gave me the best of both worlds - immersion in the culture also living with all my roomies Ausi and the comfort of living with other students and a few other Americans next door. Oh! Did I mention kangaroos see run even though campus all the time? It is a site that I will never forget! In addition, clubs of students such as SIC and SECCS put on events and parties throughout the year.

With only two days of class per week there is enough time to explore. Canberra, the largest city, I lived, was full of things to do. There are always events large city like Floriade, Skyfire and the Balloon Festival Fireworks festival. There were tons of epic concerts featuring some of the best bands in the world; David Guetta, Flo Rida, Hilltop Hoods, LMFAO, Kaiser Chiefs, Def Leppard and many others! Concerts of the Festival as foreshore, Groovin ' Moo and Stonefest - many of them right on campus! Of course, Canberra has a professional Rugby Union and rugby league and the game of Aussie Rules Football casual. Then, being the capital, there is the plethora of museums, the zoo, the Parliament building and more. In just three hours from Sydney, I made up thirteen times during the year! I had a lot of Sydney at the time wherever I was! By air, it's a quick jump to almost anywhere. Melbourne, Cairns and the great barrier reef, New Zealand, Fiji and my favorite, Darwin!

Do not know if you can afford it? How about $17 / h for the minimum wage and only 4% unemployment sound?

Study abroad in Australia the biggest problem is that I can't wait to go back, and almost every other study studying abroad from the University of Canberra feels the same way. In fact, a year later, many have already made comeback or even moved there!

Looking back, I can not imagine going anywhere else to study abroad.

You must be connected and logged with your accounts to share content with a quick action.

Join or login with your favorite social networks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top
Blogger Template