study abroad in romeMy name is Lynette Quezada, and I am a major International Affairs at John Cabot University. I'm from Miami, Florida and the daughter of a Mexican father and a Cuban mother. As long as I can remember I have been fascinated by cultures and policies between the nations.

I came to John Cabot University in the fall of 2012 with an expectation of diversity and opportunity, and so far John Cabot has exceeded all my expectations. It was a bit harsh in my first semester of setting that I was on my own for the first time, and I was also transition of American culture in an American University in the middle of Italian culture.

Many students who come to John Cabot initially underestimated the challenge of living in a completely new environment. The first two months were not the easiest and I always missed my family, but finally the community John Cabot helped me to overcome this period of transition. On the first day, orientation leaders were extremely welcoming and advised me to join student clubs and become active in student activities, and therefore, I joined the drama club, where I performed in "The Wiz" and "Grease" and called for the recognition of women with the Ipazia Club. I am currently Secretary of the Student Government, and I'm enjoying every second.  I found that John Cabot community is full of students who have lived the same experience I did and were more than willing to sit on a cappuccino and listen to my problems and worries.

study abroad in romeSmall John Cabot University classes allow students to learn to know their professors, who has a huge impact on my academic experience.  I am interested in working with international development, human rights and the relationship between religion and politics.  Classroom discussions certainly contributed to open my state of mind and focus on my future in allowing me to learn international perspectives of my classmates and learn with teachers who have professional experience in the field.  John Cabot offers internships and direct exchange programmes which allow students to have real work experience and study abroad. I currently intend to study abroad this semester of spring in Seoul, South Korea, and I intend to implement by the Office of Career Services of Cabot for an internship in China during the following summer.

John Cabot has opened many opportunities in my life that once seemed impossible.  For training in International Affairs, I certainly would have hardly better!

This is a guest blog from Lynette Quezada who studied at the John Cabot University in Rome.

You must be connected and logged with your accounts to share content with a quick action.

Join or login with your favorite social networks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top
Blogger Template